Who can be nominated?
Nominees for this honor will be selected from among citizens with a connection to the state of Missouri.
It is recognized that public affairs is not restricted to politics, humanities or the social sciences, but that its presence is found in all areas that require critical thinking, participation and the willingness to work for the common good.
The recipients will exemplify support of public affairs and engaged citizenship. That support of public affairs may relate to the following:
- The designated Missouri State University pillars of public affairs
- The Missouri State University public affairs annual theme
- Demonstration of active engagement with the community for a sustained period of time
- Evidence of broad impact resulting from public and community service
- Demonstration of how the recipient serves as a role model of public affairs and how she/he instills the public affairs mission in others
Elected public officials currently in office, members of the selection committee and Missouri State University Board of Governors members or their families cannot be nominated.
The nomination window for 2014 closed on Aug. 31, 2013. Nominations are now being accepted for 2015.